B4AV community broadbandis part of B4RN ( Broadband for the Rural North ) registered as a non-profit community benefit society. Its a professionally designed fibre optic broadband network, using the very latest WDM technology and run by a dedicated local community team with the support of landowners and volunteers. We offer 1,000Mbps FTTH ( Fibre To The House ) broadband, to every property in our coverage area. This is the worlds fastest most reliable internet connection and only available to 3% of the UK.
A Community Benefit Society is registered within the Industrial and Provident Societies and is a not for profit social enterprise. This community broadband service can only operate for the good of the community and can only be owned as a social enterprise. Its running costs are easily sustained and its profits can only be distributed to the community. In the future, projects like village hall refurbishments, community group activities or enviromental projects, will all be able to apply to us for grant assistance.
"B4RN is all about community, and we need community support in every area we expand into. This comes in the form of investors, local volunteers and supportive landowners.
Hyperspeed Broadband is a 1 gigabit service, that's 1,000Mbp for both uploads and down loads. This is delivered by fibre direct to each home. At a cost of only £30/month . There is no need for a BT phone line, saving at least £18 per month. This service can do internet browsing, telephone calls, television and radio all at the same time to multiple rooms. Its about 100 times faster than the BT broadband service and much more reliable because its all underground.
B4AV investment - every community’s core investment is made up of shares bought in B4RN community benefit society. The money is ring-fenced for our area by entering "Allen Valleys" in the appropriate part of the application form .
● Shares can be as little as £100 and a maximum of £100,000.
● All shareholders are members of B4RN. One member one vote.
● Shares must be held for a minimum of 3 years.
● Individual investors can claim 30% tax relief (HMRC Enterprise Investment Scheme). So HMRC will give you back 30% of your investment when you pay your taxes.
● After year 3, interest of 5% p/a will be paid this can be reinvested or cashed in.
● Shareholders investing £1,500 recieve a free connection worth £150. ( One free connection for each £1,500 investment ).Any free connection not used will be allocated to worthy causes.
● Shares can only ever be sold back to B4RN at £1 each.
"Communities have so much to gain; not only faster broadband for families, schools and businesses but also a provider that cares about service to its customers and returns all its profits to the community!"